• Utilizing skills in manufacturing and sustaining engineering while interfacing directly with factory staff, NPI engineers, and development teams to effectively execute process and change control
• Provide manufacturing requirement inputs on DFx issues to Design Engineering for manufacturability improvement during design stage as well as mass production stage
• Taking the initiative for timely resolution of issues, leading meetings effectively and focusing on resolution. Effective interface between OEM and the factory
• Submitting purchase requests for tooling and fixtures, ensuring utilization and cost control
• Ensuring closure of corrective actions and maintaining closed-loop processes
• Writing and managing the implementation of manufacturing change orders
• Audits of factory SMT and assembly line and work instructions, identifying non-compliances and champion of resolving them.
• Creation and maintenance of manufacturing documents such as BOM and FMEA
• Provide support on engineering change implementation in contract manufacturers
• Technical liaising between contract manufacturers and Design engineering (within Asia or overseas) for all processes and quality issues
• Analyzing process capacity, cycle time, and bottle necks
• Academic qualification in electronic engineering or related discipline
• Minimum 8 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering or NPI
• Deep experience in working with EMS and ODM
• Must be able to work independently while striving for objectives provided by management
• Knowledge of electronic assembly manufacturing, Wireless technology, Methods for electronic component assembly, SMT process, Electronic test process, Supply Chain, Lean manufacturing, Poke Yoke, 5S, Quality tools such as 6 Sigma, SPC, and FMEA. Preference given to candidates with RF experience, especially if familiar with a variety of currently utilized air interfaces including CDMA and UMTS Team spirit and ability/willingness to work with Sierra Wireless Global Design centers and contract manufacturer.
© Copyright 2018 | GreyFinders Company.