Business Details :
- Recognized as an expert on logistics services, standards, operational activity and performance capabilities. Regularly consults with business leaders, functional leaders, and Six Sigma champions in that regard.
- Works with purchasing function to specify contract requirements for logistics services secured through third parties on behalf of the business.
- Determine roles of external and in-house logistics consultants when appropriate.
- Leads optimization activity applied to the integration of work processes, systems and logistics technology.
- Leads and provides logistics technology and expertise for logistics leadership teams, business supply chain teams, capital evaluations projects and business supply chain optimization projects.
- Selects, develops and manages people resources within the scope of logistics activity.
- Identifies solutions, initiatives, and tools to optimize supply chain cost and efficiency.
- Maintains external benchmarking metrics.
Critical Success Factors:
- Broad experience in logistics activity.
- Specific knowledge of critical modes of transport within the businesses served.
- General knowledge of logistics service providers capabilities, work processes, systems, costs.
- Knowledge of contract and capital authorization processes.
- People management skills.
- Teamwork, initiative and communication skills.
- General knowledge of accounting system, procedures and budget process.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the 5 Manufacturing & Engineering competencies: Responsible Care, Information Technology, Work Process Discipline, Productivity Focus, & Technical Capabilities.
- University degree.
Site Logistics Leader