Roles and Responsibilities:
The Ethics and Compliance Manager is responsible to support the APAC Regional Ethics and Compliance Lead(Regional Lead) to develop and implement global, regional and country policies and programs in the APAC (excluding China).
Under the supervision of the Regional Lead, this role will act as:
1. Business partner. To proactively advisebusiness operations on key compliance risks, to provide training and communication to ensure that the region complies with company's global and local policies and procedures, in particular, the Code of Conduct, Anti-Bribery and Anti-Corruption (ABAC) policies, local laws and regulations, as well as company’s strong commitment to ethics & compliance.
2. Risk controller. To review and approve projects, events and initiatives that may containcompliance risks. To work independently or collectively with other functions including Finance, Purchasing, Internal Audit and Legal to evaluate, identify, investigate and mitigate compliance and fraud risks, such as potential violations of laws and applicable regulations, Code of Conduct, ABAC policies and procedures of company.
3. Advocator of compliance culture. To promote culture of ethics and compliance within the organization and across all levels of employees. To develop and implement company policies and procedures and corporate’s ethics and compliance program. To assist global and regional compliance initiatives and build a bridge of communication between management and staff in the region.
Primary job duties and responsibilities
1. Business Partnering
Work closely withbusiness team, and support implementation of ABAC policies and procedures and overall ethics and compliance programs. Conduct daily compliance consultation and counsellingto business team. Be a strategic partner to be actively involved in the business meetings, and ensure that the compliance systems, processes and framework are effective and practical.
2. Risk Assessment &Industry Practice Monitoring
Support the Regional Lead to keep up to date on both internal and external changes in the regulatory and risk environments, and promptly identify the emerging and new compliance risks. Support to develop communication and risk assessment/management plans to address the changing environment. Support compliance risk assessments and monitormanagement risk mitigation plans in the region.
3. Policy& procedures
i) Provide policy guidance to the business team to ensure the business activities comply with local laws and regulations, ABAC policies and procedures, Code of Conduct as well as relevant company policies and procedures.
ii) Gather feedback, provide inputs, and develop/improveregional policies and procedures when necessary to address specific regional needs. Ensure that these standards are clearly communicated and understood by the employees in the region.
4. Training & Education
Support the Regional Lead to develop and delivercompliance trainings, individually and collectively. Work closely with Legal, Finance, IA, HR and other departments to build up and improve compliance awareness and buy-in at all levels of the organization and help to embed a strong compliance culture into the daily activities inthe region.
Through ongoing training and communication, ensure employees in the region are aware of: i) new policies, programs and procedures, ii) their responsibilities in identifying risks and escalating compliance concerns/questions in the right way and good faith.
6. Investigation & Remediation
Support the Regional Lead to coordinate as appropriate with outside counsel and consultants, individually or collectively conducting or/and overseeing investigations of matters that merit investigation under the compliance program. Implement the follow-up actions and, as applicable, resolution to investigations and other issues generated by the internal audit and compliance program, including development of corrective action plans and root cause analysis, as needed.
Any other professional duties assigned by the Regional Lead. A certain amount of administrative duties may also be required.
Job Specifications: Education and Experience Required:
© Copyright 2018 | GreyFinders Company.